Who said a cow’s milk was the best way to eat that scrumptious bowl of love in the morning? Well whoever told you that must’ve never had a bowl of cereal with vanilla almond milk. When I tell you it touches the soul, I mean the soul sings with every bite!
You may be wondering “how in the world can I make almond milk myself?” Follow these simple steps and you too can free your soul with homemade almond milk:
- Soak 1 cup of Almonds in water for 24 hours.
- After allowing the almonds to soak, strain the water from the almonds.
- Add soaked almonds to blender.
- Add Honey, Agave, or any natural sweetener to improve taste (I personally like to also add vanilla to my milk.)
- Add 2-3 cups of spring water into blender (I prefer the Evamor Alkaline water to give my almond milk maximum health benefits.)
- Blend the almonds and water.
- Use a milk bag to strain the milk from the almond residue. (SLOWLY STRAIN THE BAG, AS SQUEEZING THE BAG TOO HASTILY COULD CAUSE A MAJOR KITCHEN CATASTROPHE)
- Store your freshly made almond milk in the fridge.
Your almond milk will be good from up to 5 days but I would recommend making it for days that you will use it. You may also find that the almond residue can be used as flour to make a number of delicious, somewhat healthy desert snack (We all have that guilty pleasure for chocolate.)
Living a healthy lifestyle is a commitment and in that commitment, we often find the journey to be rewarding in way unimaginable. Why not become your own personal chef? Why not get creative with your health? In taking control of your life, you must take control of what you eat and drink.
- Evamor Water
- Milk Bag
- Honey, Stivia, Agave or any natural sweetener
- Vanilla (Optional)
- Mason Jar (Optional)