Guilt Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Sweet Tooth Anyone?
Let's face it, we love our treats in NOLA. Holiday season is quickly approaching and if you're anything like me, baked goods tend to become a little more "attractive" during this time of year :) Although, I try to maintain a healthy balance with my diet, baked goods seem to know the password to my heart...or should I say my tummy, hips, and buns!
I'm here to tell you that you can enjoy many of your favorite desserts with a healthy twist! When staying on track, SUBSTITUTION IS KEY! By changing a few ingredients you can create healthier versions of your favorite foods. Here's a great recipe I enjoy for something most people love...COOKIES!
Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free, Low Sugar)
(Makes 20 cookies)
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. pure stevia powder
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
Preheat oven to 350° F
1. Add peanuts to food processor and process for 1 minute or texture is smooth.
2. Add coconut oil, stevia, sea salt, vanilla, and egg yolk. Process 10-20 seconds, or until creamy.
3. Add oat flour and baking soda to food processor. Sprinkling the dry ingredients around the blade in a circular motion. Process for 1 minute or until mixed thoroughly with no streaks of flour present. Remove dough ball from and get to sculptin' Picasso.
4. Form 20 dough balls, setting them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Press balls a bit flat with your hand. Make crisscrossed marks on top of each cookie with the tines of a fork.
5. Bake 12 - 14 minutes or until cookies are slightly browned at edges. Let those bad boys cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Patience indeed is a virtue! Cookies will firm as they cool, which takes 10-20 minutes so catch up on your guilty pleasure TV shows.
Enjoy & Treat Ya' Self
Got some topics you want us to discuss? Send 'em our way!