Recipe - Lemon Butter Cod
Sometimes when I am preparing to cook, I don't want to go through a fifty step, multi-layered, exhaustive routine.
That's why I love a 'set-it-and-forget' recipe like this Lemon Butter Cod from Primal Palate. It's the type of meal that requires minimum prep before you shove it in the oven and get on with your life until its ready. It only takes a few pieces of choice cod filets, some lemons, butter and a bit of seasoning. I like to steam some broccoli as a side for a go-to weeknight meal. (Pro Tip: when you are waiting for something in the oven to be ready, take some time to stretch.)
Check the ingredients and instructions below and head over to Primal Palate for more like these.
- 1 lb Cod
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse cod under cool water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place cod into an oven safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle cod with salt and pepper.
- Lay butter on top of the cod filets, two pieces of butter per four ounces of fish.
- Lay lemon slices on top of the cod filets, two slices per four ounces of fish.
- Bake cod, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Tartar Sauce.